Way to Stay on Budget
Here are the Top 10 things to help you stay on budget and make your transition into your new home more comfortable.
- Donate/Discard items before the movers show up. The less clutter the better.
- Have all drawers and closets empty
- Disconnect appliances like TVs, washing machine, dryers, refrigerators and ranges. Time is lost if the movers must disconnect gas lines, water lines and hoses.
- Have items taken down from the walls (i.e. pictures, TVs)
- Fill boxes to the top. Half empty boxes do not have the structural integrity to handle having other boxes stacked on top of them.
- Tape up and label all boxes for room destination (i.e. “Master Bedroom”)
- Pack all loose item
- Roll up rugs
- Pack heavy items in smaller boxes and lighter items in bigger boxes. A large box of boxes becomes very heavy to move.
- Remember that you will need to be responsible for all personal documents and valuables such as jewelry and paperwork.